Day 20

Brunei, Southeast Asia
Population: 430,000
Chief of State: Sultan and Prime Minister Hassanal Bolkiah
Head of Gov.: Sultan and Prime Minister Hassanal Bolkiah
Christians: 11.8%
Evangelical Christians: 5.2%
Dominant Religion: Sunni Islam
Persecution Ranking: 36th
Life Expectancy: 76.97 Years
Literacy Rate: 95.4%
Population Below Poverty Line: Unknown
Refugees Living in Brunei: 20,524

Pray for Brunei - facebook page

There were 625 people diagnosed with cancer last year, resulting in 353 deaths. One in five people in the country of Brunei is affected by cancer. The health ministry is addressing the need for increased education about preventative measures and how to avoid risk factors, as well as increasing early detection. Today we pray for each person who is living with cancer in Brunei. As they all face their mortality, pray that they will also ask deep spiritual questions about their eternal future. Pray that many will encounter the love of Jesus during this time of searching (The Bible, Proverbs 8:17).

One in five in Brunei suffering from cancer (Borneo Bulletin)

Lebanon, Middle East
Population: 6,185,000
Chief of State: [Acting] President Tammam Salam
Head of Gov.: Prime Minister Tammam Salam
Christians: 32.3%
Evangelical Christians: 0.6%
Dominant Religion: Sunni and Shia Islam
Persecution Ranking: Not Ranked
Life Expectancy: 75.9 Years
Literacy Rate: 89.6%
Population Below Poverty Line: 28.6%
Refugees Living in Lebanon: 1,167,189

Pray for Lebanon - facebook page

Only 80 percent of the population has access to the public water system leaving 20 percent who do not. Like in many countries, the water coming from the tap is unsafe and must be filtered if used for drinking water. Since there is a shortage of clean water, families rely on water delivered by tankers for domestic use. It is a common practice for people to purchase plastic water bottles for drinking. Pray for immediate steps to provide clean water to all families. Pray that the Lebanese will hunger and thirst for a relationship with the Living God (The Bible, Isaiah 12:3).

Lebanon needs a proper water management plan